Adam


I fell irrevocably in love with you the first time I saw you on Library Road.

Perhaps you felt it was infatuation, but for me, it was invariably something more -

So bitter was the Midlands wind that day that it had stunned me absolutely cold.

Then out of the blue, coming towards me, I witnessed this divine creature that seraphically glowed.


How all the feelings my poor heart couldn't even comprehend out of me flowed.

The second you saw me staring at you that way you should have unequivocally known

That from that very moment my heart belonged only to you and to none else anymore.

You see, I've loved you for a thousand years and I shall love you for a thousand more:

But tell me one thing, dearest, will my poor heart ever be able to restore

The assuring warmth it felt in your presence - have i lost it forever more?


In your eyes, lies the key to my absolute commiseration;

In your lips, lies the sweet familiarity of alliteration.

In your smile, lies the reassuring ardour that is oft missing from high society.

Tell me my dear, could I ever earn back your love with grace and propriety?

Indeed, I wish you all the best and all things more

Whilst desperately longing for things to be like how they were before.

But tell me one thing, dearest, will my poor heart ever be able to restore

The assuring warmth it felt in your presence - have i lost it forever more?


Yours,

M


by Harmehma Bagga



Picture Credits: learnreligions.com via Google Images






Comments

Popular posts from this blog