Audrey, my Dearest


Miss Golightly - "I must protest."

The way you self adorn is another test -

For the wannabes who'd like to epitomise you 

Have not but one single clue,

For the delicate demeanour you embody,

Renders us copycats all incredibly shoddy.


The echoes of your studied sophistication reverberate in society.

Tell me, my beloved - how can we assimilate said graces with propriety?

Your smile, the eyes, that electric fringe of hair,

The style, the walk, the allure are beyond compare.


None in this world can match up to your tasteful poise;

The fanbase, in my opinion, covetously employs

Calculated methods to emulate your beguiling appeal

The enigma of which shall never truly be revealed

To those of us who venerate at your gossamer feet,

For you render all your enactors enthrallingly obsolete.


by Harmehma Bagga






Picture credits: britannica.com via Google Images


Comments

Popular posts from this blog