Contritions of an Inebriated Being


Here comes the invigorating sea breeze. You and I, holding hands, wishing times were different, wishing we could go back to it all, wishing we could live for all eternity. But this incubus of a malady threatens to jeopardise everything, threatens to take our love away. But can love ever truly be taken away - if it is eternal, perennial and indestructible? 


The scent of your presence inebriates my captivated being:

Your eyes, your smile, your flesh - all blatantly decreeing

That I am yours and belong to but you and you alone,

Entirely yours - blood, flesh and quivering bone.


Love is all I live for; love is all my essence.

Your lips, your hair, all of you - but an example of celestial quintessence.

So love me forevermore and I'll put you on a towering pedestal

Not apprising you of my adoration - hereafter the incessant regrettable.




Picture credits: pinterest.com








Comments

Popular posts from this blog