I was Italian in a Past Life



I was Italian in a past life 

So much that right now it's an absolute strife

Not to go to my beloved Roma and live la dolce vita

Perché vivo la vita come voglio viverla.


Undeterred, I hear the gentle sounds of the Fontana di Trevi

Oh how I long to be amongst the animated and effervescent bevy

Of individuals who'd teach me: "Il dolce far niente" - 

People who feel like they're my long lost parente.


Once in Roma, I shall indulge myself in scrumptious arancini,

Devour all the splendid handiwork of brilliant Federico Fellini;

Roaming on the cobbled streets, I'll relish my first ever taste of gelato;

I shall witness the allure of the grand operas' staccato.


In sweet Roma, tutti freeheartedly embrace.

The longing for this setting is my heart's only true case - 

Of at long last getting through to my beloved Roma

Of at long last, enriching all my yearning soma.



Mille tendresse,

M


by Harmehma Bagga





Comments

Popular posts from this blog