The Appeasing of an Emotionally Volatile Poet


Heartache - my old friend

When will this series of utter tribulations end?

I feel as though I'm standing at the edge of a cliff looking down

Wondering whether it's worth to go on anymore because all I feel like is a clown

Who's been crowned the head of the circus 

Who simply amuses those around sans any real purpose.


Am I never to find affection and tenderness in all this world gigantic?

Will I have to strive yet again to make my heart stone-coldly titanic?

Or shall you one day, recompense me with a love so genuine and indestructible

With a counterpart whose soul neither mortal nor immortal can render corruptible?


Then all at once, Liz is on Top of the World -

Feeling like she's reached a state of tranquil unperturbed;

Feeling as free and as unfettered as a midget of a bird;

Feeling like nothing ever could go wrong as long as she's heard.

Dearest Lizzy - 

don't you tend to feel oh so dizzy

At as high an altitude, amongst the empyrean clouds

They're covering you like they would a lifeless shroud;

Come down, Lizzie, you need some rest -

"But how long I stay up here shall be my ultimate test."


by Harmehma Bagga



Picture Credits: oceanwide-expeditions.com via Google Images






Comments

  1. The depth in the words written are amazing. Toally a poet!!! Bravoo!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog